Huys’ patent pending Taper Tool™ hones the taper on shanks and electrode arms to prolong the life of a gun arm.
Tapers on electrode arms and shanks wear with use. Worn tapers cause production delays with water leaks and caps falling off.
Repairing tapers on shanks and arms is expensive. Downtime in production, searching for the correct arm, disassembling the arm, cutting out the old taper, soldering in a new taper, aligning and reinstalling the arm, cleaning up the cooling water mess, all takes a lot of time.
Advantages of using the Taper Tool™:
- Lessen taper damage from sloppy installation and removal
- Prevent water leaks
- Prevent electrode cap from falling off
- Pro-active maintenance on weld gun electrode tapers
- Extend life of expensive gun arms
- Reduced downtime from worn tapers
- Keep a failing gun arm in operation until maintenance can repair arm in non-production hours
|Taper Tool™ Technical Library|
One side is diamond hone, the other side is an alignment guide.
“I had to produce 200 BIW that day, had a leaking gun arm, no replacement, or even the time to replace the arm – the Taper Tool honed the taper, and let me get though the day, meeting my target. The Taper Tool is worth its weight in gold!”
Sam Johnson, OEM